Statement of Faith
We believe that every human being has the God-given right to know the love of Jesus Christ. We as Christians have mandate and responsibility to provide the education and introduction of Christ to them. We believe that the inner city youth should be given a fair opportunity to become something other than a statistic. By offering the Youth Explosion and other positive programs we plan to give them more options to help them make better educated decisions.
We believe that in everything we do there must be a standard of excellence. Trusting to the working of the Holy Spirit, we affirm that all individual members of this organization are completely autonomous in their activities and will be responsible in their conduct while participating in any activities PJA Ministries, Inc. is affiliated with or operating under PJA Ministries, Inc.
PJA Ministries, Inc believes the following cardinal doctrines of the Christian faith:
1. We believe that the Holy Bible, as penned in the original manuscripts, is the inspired, infallible Word of God. The Scriptures are to be our guide concerning all matters of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:16; John 10:35)
2. We believe in the one true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (I Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but as a result of sin is lost and unable to save himself. (Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:8-9)
4. We believe that man can be reconciled to God by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, whereby man is spiritually reborn by God’s grace and cleansed of sin by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:13; John 3:3; I Peter 1:18-19)
We believe that every Christian is indwelt by the Holy Spirit at the time of their salvation experience. (Romans 8:9)
5. We believe that every Christian should be baptized with the Holy Spirit, an experience which may occur at the time of salvation (Acts 10:43-46, 11:15-16), or which may occur at some time after the initial salvation experience. (Acts 8:12-17)
6. We believe that every Christian should desire both the fruits and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, for I Corinthians 14:1 admonishes us to pursue love, yet earnestly desire spiritual gifts.
7. We believe in water baptism of believers, signifying our union with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. (Acts 2:41; Colossians 2:12)
8. We believe in the Lord’s Supper (Communion) and in partaking of it on a regular basis. (I Corinthians 11:23-26)
9. We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ (John 1:1); in His virgin birth (Luke 1:30-35); in His atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3); in His bodily resurrection from the grave (I Corinthians 15:4); and in His ascension into heaven. (Acts 1:11)
10. We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ to earth in power and great glory (Acts 1:11; John 14:3)
11. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto everlasting life and the lost unto eternal hell. (Revelation 20:11-15)